Directorate of Criminal Investigations head, George Kinoti, has slammed Sarah Wairimu Kamotho’s contempt of court case against him.
In his response to the case filed on Tuesday, Kinoti told the court that Tob Cohen’s widow is seeking to undermine his office.
Further, Kinoti said Wairimu’s contempt of court proceedings against him is a calculated move to control investigations and trial process in the murder case against her.
In his response filed by his lawyer Donald Kipkorir, Kinoti claimed that Wairimu is trying to offer an alternative narration of the circumstances that led to the death of her husband.
Last week on Tuesday, Wairumi filed the contempt of court case against Kinoti, Nation’s special projects boss and senior journalist, John Kamau, and State prosecutor Juma Victor Owiti, asking the court to jail them for six months.
Wairimu’s list also includes Office of the Director of the Public Prosecutions and also wants the two offices fined for contempt.
Wairimu claimed that the five respondents disobeyed an edict issued by Lady Justice Jessie Lesiit on September 16, which barred the DCI, DPP and the media from publishing content involving investigations into her husband's death.
Wairimu accused Kinoti of “prosecuting” the case against her on September 13 after discovering Cohen’s body in his Kitisuru home.
“…[ On September 13], the 1st and 2nd respondents, knowing well that there was no iota of evidence directly or indirectly linking the applicant to the murder of her husband, continued to prosecute their trumped up case against the applicant through the print and electronic media by going into a frenzy of: malicious and unsubstantiated allegations; unsolicited commentaries; uniformed opinions; and unverified theories, all calculated to depict the applicant as a cold-hearted originator, facilitator and executor of her husband’s initial disappearance and subsequent murder,” said Wairimu in her application filed at the High Court in Nairobi.