At K24 TV, we value your privacy. We strive to ensure that our use of your personal data is lawful and reasonable, with the ultimate goal of improving our services and your viewing experience.
This Privacy Statement explains how your personal data is processed at K24 TV when you use our websites, applications (including the K24 TV App), products, platforms and services to access content, including when you are not registered or signed in to our service.
This Privacy statement also explains our practices, including your choices, regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of certain information, including your personal information in connection with the K24 TV service.
We encourage you to read this policy Statement completely so that you understand how we rely on your personal data to create the best possible experience for you. We also use this policy to call your attention to the information about Cookies that help power our offerings from a technical perspective
Unless stated otherwise, defined terms have the meaning given to them in the K24 TV Terms and Conditions
- Collection of Information
We may receive and store information about you such as:
- Information you provide to us: We collect information you provide to us which includes:
- Your name, email address, address or postal code, payment method(s), and telephone number. We collect this information in a number of ways, including when you enter it while using our service, interact with our customer service, or participate in surveys or marketing promotions;
- Information when you choose to provide ratings, taste preferences, account settings, or otherwise provides information to us through our service or elsewhere.
- Information in relation to your payments for access to the K24 TV Service, we collect details of methods of payment, including but not limited to certain information about credit and debit cards, mobile phone number for payments.
- Information we collect automatically: We collect information about you and your use of our service, your interactions with us and our advertising, as well as information regarding your network, network devices, and your computer or other K24 TV capable devices you might use to access our service (such as smart TVs, mobile devices, set top boxes, and other streaming media devices). This information includes:
- your activity on the K24 TV service, such as title selections, shows you have watched, and search queries;
- your interactions with our emails and texts, and with our messages through push and online messaging channels;
- details of your interactions with our customer service, such as the date, time and reason for contacting us, transcripts of any chat conversations, and if you call us, your phone number and call recordings;
- d****e IDs or other unique identifiers, including for your network devices, and devices that are K24 TV capable on your Wi-Fi network;
- resettable d****e identifiers (also known as advertising identifiers), such as those on mobile devices, tablets, and streaming media devices that include such identifiers;
- d****e and software characteristics (such as type and configuration), connection information including type (wifi, cellular), statistics on page views, referring source (for example, referral URLs), IP address (which may tell us your general location), browser and standard web server log information;
- Information from partners: We collect information from other companies with whom you have a relationship (“Partners”). These Partners might include (depending on what services you use): your TV or internet service provider, or other streaming media d****e providers who make our service available on their d****e; mobile phone carriers or other companies who provide services to you and collect payment for the K24 TV service for distribution to us or provide pre-paid promotions for the K24 TV service; and voice assistant platform providers who enable interaction with our service through voice commands. The information Partners provide us varies depending on the nature of the Partner services, and may include:
- search queries and commands applicable to K24 TV that you make through Partner devices or voice assistant platforms;
- service activation information such as your email address or other contact information;
- IP addresses, d****e IDs or other unique identifiers, as well as associated pre-paid promotion, billing and user interface information that supports user authentication, the K24 TV service registration experience, Partner payment processing, and the presentation of K24 TV content to you through portions of the Partner user interface.
- Information from other sources: We also obtain information from other sources. We protect this information according to the practices described in this Privacy Statement, plus any additional restrictions imposed by the source of the data. These sources vary over time, but could include:
- service providers that help us determine a location based on your IP address in order to customize our service and for other uses consistent with this Privacy Statement;
- security service providers who provide us with information to secure our systems, prevent fraud and help us protect the security of K24 TV accounts;
- payment service providers who provide us with payment or balance information, or updates to that information, based on their relationship with you;
- online and offline data providers, from which we obtain aggregated demographic, interest based and online advertising related data;
- Publicly-available sources such as publicly available posts on social media platforms and information available through public databases associating IP addresses with internet service providers (ISPs).
- Use of Information
- We use information to provide, analyze, administer, maintain, enhance and personalize our services and marketing efforts, to develop new services, to manage member referrals, to process your registration, your orders and your payments, and to communicate with you on these and other topics. For example, we use such information to:
- determine your general geographic location, provide localized content, provide you with customized and personalized viewing recommendations for content we think will be of interest to you and help us quickly and efficiently respond to inquiries and requests;
- coordinate with Partners on making the K24 TV service available to members and providing information to non members about the availability of the K24 TV service, based on the specific relationship you have with the Partner;
- secure our systems, prevent fraud and help us protect the security of K24 TV accounts;
- analyze and understand our audience, improve our service (including our user interface experiences and service performance) and optimize content selection, recommendation algorithms and delivery;
- Communicate with you concerning our service so that we can send you news about K24 TV, details about new features and content available on K24 TV, special offers, promotional announcements, consumer surveys, and to assist you with operational requests such as password reset requests. These communications may be by various methods, such as email, push notifications, text message, online messaging channels, and matched identifier communications (described below). Please see the “Your Choices” section of this Privacy Statement to learn how to set or change your communications preferences.
- For the purposes of research, analytics, development, improvement (including user experience improvement), administration, maintenance, technical support and security of the K24 TV service, K24 TV Website and K24 TV App.
- For the purposes of reorganization, restructuring, merger or sale, or other transfer of assets, of K24 TV.
- Disclosure of Information
- We disclose your information for certain purposes and to third parties, as described below:
- Mediamax Network Limited family of companies: We share your information among the Mediamax Network family of companies which includes our holding companies, subsidiaries and entities as needed for: providing you with access to our services; providing customer support; making decisions about service improvements; content development; and for other purposes described in the Use of Information section of this Privacy Statement.
- Service Providers: We use other companies, agents or contractors (“Service Providers”) to perform services on our behalf or to assist us with the provision of services to you. such as, but not limited to marketing, advertising, communications, security, infrastructure and IT services, to customize, personalize and optimize our service, to provide bank account or balance information, to process credit card transactions or other payment methods, to provide customer service, to analyze and enhance data (including data about users’ interactions with our service), and to process and administer consumer surveys. In the course of providing such services, these Service Providers may have access to your personal or other information. We do not authorize them to use or disclose your personal information except in connection with providing their services (which includes maintaining and improving their services).
- Partners: As described above, you may have a relationship with one or more of our Partners, in which case we may share certain information with them in order to coordinate with them on providing the K24 TV service to members and providing information about the availability of the K24 TV service. For example, depending on what Partner services you use, we may share information:
- In order to facilitate Partner pre-paid promotions or collection of payment for the K24 TV service for distribution to us;
- With Partners who operate voice assistant platforms that allow you to interact with our service using voice commands;
- So that content and features available in the K24 TV service can be suggested to you in the Partner’s user interface. For members, these suggestions are part of the K24 TV service and may include customized and personalized viewing recommendations.
- Promotional offers: We may offer joint promotions or programs that, in order for your participation, will require us to share your information with third parties. In fulfilling these types of promotions, we may share your name and other information in connection with fulfilling the incentive. Please note that these third parties are responsible for their own privacy practices.
- Protection of K24 TV and others: K24 TV and its Service Providers may disclose and otherwise use your personal and other information where we or they reasonably believe such disclosure is needed to
- satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request,
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address i*****l or suspected i*****l activities (including payment fraud), security or technical issues, or
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of K24 TV, its users or the public, as required or permitted by law.
- Business transfers: In connection with any reorganization, restructuring, merger or sale, or other transfer of assets, we will transfer information, including personal information, provided that the receiving party agrees to respect your personal information in a manner that is consistent with our Privacy Statement.
- Whenever in the course of sharing information we transfer personal information to other countries, we will ensure that the information is transferred in accordance with this Privacy Statement and as permitted by the applicable laws on data protection.
- You may also choose to disclose your information in the following ways:
- certain portions of our service may contain a tool which gives you the option to share information by email, text message and social or other sharing applications, using the clients and applications on your smart d****e;
- Social plugins and similar technologies allow you to share information.
- Access to Account and Profiles
- “Remember me” function: For ease of access to your account, you can use the “Remember me on this d****e” function when you log in to the service. This function uses technology that enables us to provide direct account access and to help administer the K24 TV service without requiring reentry of any password or other user identification when your d****e revisits the service.
- Giving others access to your account: If you share or otherwise allow others to have access to your account, they will be able to see shows you have watched, ratings, and account information (including your mobile phone number, email address or other information in the “Account” area of our platforms). You might have the option to use seamless account login through the K24 TV mobile app, which enables login to the K24 TV app on smart TVs, set top boxes, and other streaming media devices on the network to which you are connected. If you use that feature, those devices will remain signed into your account unless you later log out of those devices.
- Your Choices
- Push Notifications. You can choose to receive mobile push notifications from K24 TV. On some d****e operating systems, you will be automatically enrolled in the notifications. If you subsequently decide you no longer wish to receive these notifications, you can use your mobile d****e’s settings functionality to turn them off. We also offer push notifications on certain web browsers. If you agree to receive those notifications and subsequently decide you no longer wish to receive these notifications, you can use your browser’s settings to turn them off.
- Interest-Based Ads. Interest-based ads are online ads that are tailored to your likely interests based on your use of various apps and websites across the Internet. If you are using a browser, then cookies and web beacons can be used to collect information to help determine your likely interests. If you are using a mobile d****e, tablet, or streaming media d****e that includes a resettable d****e identifier, then that identifier can be used to help determine your likely interests. To opt out on interest based ad see paragraph 12 below.
- Matched Identifier Communications. Some third-party sites and apps allow us to reach our users with online promotions about our titles and services by sending a privacy protective identifier to the third party. A privacy protective identifier means we convert the original information (such as an email address or phone number) into a value to keep the original information from being revealed. The third party compares the privacy protective identifier to identifiers in its database and there will be a match only if you have used the same identifier (such as a mobile phone number) with K24 TV and the third party. If there is a match, K24 TV can then choose whether or not to send a given promotional communication to you on that third party site or app, and can optimize and better measure the effectiveness of online advertising. To opt out on receiving promotional communication on third party sites that have matched identifier to K24 TV, you can use your mobile d****e’s settings functionality to turn them off.
- Your Information and Rights
- Under certain conditions, you have the right to request us to fulfill one or more of the following requests. We may ask you for proof of identity or other additional information before doing so.
- You can request access to your personal information, or correct, or update out-of-date or inaccurate personal information we hold about you.
- When you visit the “Account” portion of our platform, you have the ability to access and update a broad range of information about your account, including your contact information, your K24 TV payment information, and various related information about your account (such as the content you have viewed and rated). You must be signed in to access the “Account” section.
- You can withdraw your consent at any time in respect of any processing of Information which is based upon consent.
- We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
- We may reject requests that are unreasonable or not required by law, including those that would be extremely impractical, could require disproportionate technical effort, or could expose us to operational risks such as free trial fraud.
- We may retain information as required or permitted by applicable laws and regulations, including to honor your choices, for our billing or records purposes and to fulfill the purposes described in this Privacy Statement.
- We take reasonable measures to destroy or de-identify personal information in a secure manner when it is no longer required.
- Retention of your personal information
We store all personal information which we collect from you (except for the information referred to below) unless there is a valid technical, legal or business reason for us to delete, destroy or de-identify it (“retained information”).
We will not store the information below relating to if you ask us not to –
- your contacts information as referred to in paragraph 2 above, unless that contact is a registered user on our site who has given us permission to store their information;
- communications which we have sent on your behalf;
- The content of your public communications via our site with site users or third parties for as long as the relevant site feature remains active.
We use reasonable administrative, logical, physical and managerial measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and unauthorized access, use and modification. These measures are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risks of processing your personal information.
- Other Websites, Platforms and Applications
- The K24 TV service may be provided through and/or utilize features (such as voice controls) operated by third party platforms, or contain links to sites operated by third parties whose policies regarding the handling of information may differ from ours.
- Changes to This Privacy Statement
- We will update this Privacy Statement from time to time in response to changing legal, regulatory or operational requirements. We will provide notice of any such changes on K24 TV and will inform users of such amendments and of their effective date in accordance with law.
- Your continued use of the K24 TV service after any such updates take effect will constitute acknowledgement and (as applicable) acceptance of those changes. If you do not wish to acknowledge or accept any updates to this Privacy Statement, you may cancel your use of the K24 TV service.
- To stay informed of our privacy practices, we recommend you review the Policy on a regular basis as you continue to use our services.
- Cookies and Internet Advertising
Cookies and similar technologies, web beacons, and resettable d****e identifiers
- Cookies are small data files that are commonly stored on your d****e when you browse and use websites and online services. We use other technologies such as browser storage and plugins (e.g., HTML5, IndexedDB, and WebSQL). Like cookies, these other technologies may store small amounts of data on your d****e. Web beacons (also known as clear gifs or pixel tags) often work in conjunction with cookies. In many cases, declining cookies will impair the effectiveness of web beacons associated with those cookies.
- If you use the K24 TV app on a mobile d****e, tablet, or streaming media d****e, we may collect a resettable d****e identifier from your d****e. Resettable d****e identifiers (also known as advertising identifiers) are similar to cookies and are found on many mobile devices and tablets (for example, the “Identifier for Advertisers” (or IDFA) on Apple iOS devices and the “Google Advertising ID” on Android devices), and certain streaming media devices. Like cookies, resettable d****e identifiers are used to make online advertising more relevant and for analytics and optimization purposes.
Why does K24 TV use these technologies?
- We use these types of technologies for various reasons, like making it easy to access our services by remembering you when you return; to provide, analyze, understand and enhance the use of our services; to enforce our terms, prevent fraud; to improve site performance, monitor visitor traffic and actions on our site; and to deliver and tailor our marketing or advertising, and to understand interactions with our emails, marketing, and online ads on third party sites.
- Performance and functionality cookies: These cookies help us to customize and enhance your online experience with K24 TV. For example, they help us to remember your preferences and prevent you from needing to re-enter information you previously provided (for example, during member sign up).
- Functionality cookies: We also use these cookies to collect information (such as popular pages, conversion rates, viewing patterns, click-through and other information) about our visitors’ use of the K24 TV service so that we can enhance and personalize our website and service and conduct market research. Deletion of these types of cookies may result in limited functionality of our service.
- Advertising cookies and resettable d****e identifiers: These cookies and resettable d****e identifiers use information about your use of this and other websites and apps, your response to ads and emails, and to deliver ads that are more relevant to you and for analytics and optimization purposes. These types of ads are called “interest-based advertising.” The advertising cookies associated with our service belong to our Service Providers.
- In connection with our use of these technologies, some of the websites and apps where we advertise, as well as advertising technology companies that we use to purchase, deliver, optimize, and/or measure our advertisements (collectively “Advertising Partners”), may receive limited information from us as part of our campaign targeting, measurement, and optimization (e.g., steps completed in sign-up and site visit or app open/install information).
- Common uses of this type of information are to judge the effectiveness of and optimize ad campaigns, by allowing Advertising Partners to see when someone who saw an ad later signed up for our service. Another common use is to make sure we do not serve ads trying to get individuals to sign up for the K24 TV service if they are already a K24 TV user.
- K24 TV uses contractual and technical measures designed to prevent Advertising Partners from accessing information regarding specific title selections you make, URLs you land on, or shows you have watched on our service. We do not share information about title selections or your shows you have watched on our service.
- How can I exercise choice regarding these technologies?
- To opt out of interest-based ads from K24 TV in connection with a resettable d****e identifier on a mobile d****e, tablets, or streaming media devices, please configure the appropriate setting on your d****e (usually found under “privacy” or “ads” in your d****e’s settings).
- You may still see K24 TV ads on your d****e, but they will not be tailored to your likely interests.
- You must be at least 18 years of age or older to subscribe to the K24 TV service. Minors may only use the service with the involvement, supervision, and approval of a parent or legal guardian.
- We do not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 18 years on these services. In the event that we learn that we have inadvertently collected personal information from a child under the age of 18, we will take reasonable steps to delete that information.
- Contacting Us
If you have any requests, general questions about your account or how to contact customer service for assistance, please call or email our online help center at [email protected] or 0111 005 005.