Health CS Mutahi Kagwe and his team on Friday, July 30, 2021, addressed the nation on the status of COVID-19 disease in the country, and the following collated points came out clear;
1.All public gatherings including political rallies are suspended. Intergovernmental meetings to also be put on hold.
2. Worship in temples, mosques and churches to follow the 1/3 capacity rule of the place of worship. The 1/3 members should also maintain physical distance of at least one meter.
3. All eateries and restaurants to strictly adhere to the guidelines given by MOH.
4. Curfew starts at 10pm and ends at 4am including counties in the lake regions.
5. Employees should be allowed to work from home until further advice.
6. All those who have been vaccinated asked to adhere to the containment measures as they are at risk of contracting the virus. Kenyans have also been asked to get vaccinated when the call for vaccination is announced.
7. All teachers are asked to present themselves for COVID-19 vaccination.
8. 72 hours burial period to be adhered to in order to reduce the number of days and people who meet for burial meetings.
9. Only 50 people to attend funerals.
10.Counties asked to ramp up oxygen plants using pipes instead of tanks. About 23 counties to receive oxygen plants by end of August.
11. KEMSA to supply PPEs to counties despite their pending bills status.
12.Kenyans are advised to seek medical attention from qualified health workers and not self-medicate.