Suspected drug lord Bosire who has been on the run since 2017 gunned down in Kwale

By , K24 Digital
On Wed, 8 Dec, 2021 18:00 | 2 mins read
Man hacks brother
Crime scene tape. PHOTO/Courtesy

A suspected drug lord who has been on the run since 2017 has been gunned down by unknown assailants in a drug deal believed to have gone sour.

According to police, Bosire Nyaigoti Makori was shot several times outside his house in Ngerenya Diani as he rode home on his motorbike.

The 3:00 am shooting incident was reported to police by his younger brother Mwaniki Makori at Msambweni Police Station.

Mwaniki who was at the deceased's home during the incident was in 2017 arrested along Makori in relation to charges of drug trafficking.

Police now believe that the deceased was out to supply drugs since an orange carrier bag containing, 3kgs of brown and white substances suspected to be narcotic drugs, one electric weighing scale and Ksh19,600 cash in different denominations was recovered beside the body.

Kwale Police Commander Ambrose Oloo said the recovered substances had been taken to the government chemist for further analysis.

Four spent cartridges of 9mm were also recovered from the scene.

The police boss added that investigations to establish the motive of the shooting was ongoing.

The 41-year-old man had managed to evade police dragnet in 2017 after he sneaked into Tanzania.

Makori has been described by police as high ranking and a leading supplier between Tanzania and South Coast.

During the 2017 police raid at his Nyali residence, he was arrested with narcotics worth Ksh21 million.

“Bosire is the supplier of heroin sourced from Tanzania to the South Coast. We were able to arrest him with the complete syndicate of narcotic drug supply that spreads to Mombasa,” a police report read in parts.

According to police, the gunmen had trailed Bosire from his hideout in Tanzania where he had been holed up since 2017.

"He suspected his life was in danger and decided to seek refuge at his other home in South Coast barely three months ago after he had settled back home. It is suspected that he could have been felled down by rival drug lords after a deal went sour," part of a police report read.