Murang’a: Forensic investigators visit scene of crime where two people were murdered in cold blood

By , K24 Digital
On Sat, 25 Jun, 2022 18:08 | 2 mins read
Crime scene. PHOTO/Courtesy
Crime scene. PHOTO/Courtesy

Police from the homicide department have launched investigations into the murder of two people at a hotel in Murang'a.

The security guard and staff working for Green park hotel, located along Kenol Murang'a road, are said to have been attacked by unknown assailants in the wee hours of Saturday morning.

According to Cecelia Mugambi, the county criminal investigations officer, police received a distress call at around 5.00 am and rushed to the scene.

"On arrival, the officers found one person dead and the other victim was still alive but was pronounced dead on arrival to the hospital where he was rushed," she said.

"The officers brought the body back to the scene for processing as the investigators try to piece up the information to get to the bottom of the incident," she remarked.

The CCIO said officers from forensic imagine and crime scene investigators are also at the scene, hoping to get a clue about what happened.

According to the information given by the staff who reside within the hotel, she said the gang compromised of roughly five people, among them a lady.

"No suspect has been arrested so far, but we are hoping to track them down once the investigators are through with their work here," Mugambi added.

"We would, however, appeal to the members of the public who could be having any information which could aid in the investigations to liaise with the police," she added.

The victims, she said, had open cut wounds and appeared to have been hit with blunt objects.

Michael Mwaura OCPD Kandara said nothing was stolen from the hotel, and thus the gang could have a different motive.

"We are yet to establish the motive behind the attack, but we are hoping to get the answers soon," he said.

The residents decried increased insecurity in the area, saying this is not the first incident.

They urged the police to beef up security in the area, adding that the incident had sparked a wave of fear among them.

"This area started developing the other day, but the crime rate is very high and we are living in fear," Mary Njoki, one of the residents, said.