Telecommunications provider Safaricom has announced a temporary system upgrade on Saturday, May 20, 2023, which will affect key services including mobile money transfer (M-Pesa) and Hustler Fund services.
In a notice on Friday, Safaricom said the service disruption will last for about five hours, from 11 pm Saturday, May 20 to 4 am, Sunday, May 21.
"To support even more innovations and growth in customer demand, we will be carrying out planned system maintenance on the evening of Saturday, May 20, 2023, from 11 PM to 4 AM Sunday, May 21 2023," the notice read.
During the period, the telco said the following services will be available intermittently:
• Lipa Na M-Pesa PayBill and Buy Goods
• M-Pesa Business to Customer-B2C, Business to Business-B2B
• Daroja Portal and all M-Pesa APIs
• M-Pesa organization Portal, Dealer portal, and Lipa Na M-Pesa portal
• International Money Transfers (Western Union) and M-PESA Global
• M-Pesa App and Safaricom App
• M-Shwari, KCB M-Pesa and M- Kesho
• Hustler Fund & Fuliza New Limit allocation
• Pinless Top-up,
• loT (Internet of Things) services
Other Safaricom services
Safaricom, however, noted that all other services including calls, data and SMS and all other M-PESA services will be available as usual.
"We are sorry for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your support in maintaining our position as the country's leading provider," Safaricom said.