Kenya, on Thursday, April 2, recorded two coronavirus-related deaths, bringing to three the total number of patients, who have succumbed to COVID-19 in the country.
Health Cabinet Secretary, Mutahi Kagwe, said the two new deaths were registered in Nairobi and Mombasa.
The minister, who addressed the press at Afya House, announced that between Wednesday and Thursday, Kenya registered 29 new coronavirus cases, bringing the total number of active and closed cases to 110.
Kagwe also announced that Kilifi County Deputy Governor, Gideon Saburi, has tested negative for the disease after spending two weeks in quarantine.
The CS said the deputy governor will face the law for placing at risk the lives of tens of people he freely interacted with, when he was ailing.
Kagwe also revealed that of the 29 new confirmed infections, 28 were Kenyans, whereas one was a Congolese. Fifteen of the patients were female, whereas 14 were male.
The CS said the 110 COVID-19 cases confirmed in Kenya were of patients aged between 16 and 64.
Kagwe warned Kenyans to prepare for a ban on urban-to-rural travel should the COVID-19 numbers continue to soar.
The country, so far, has seven closed cases and 103 active cases.
The seven closed cases include: four recoveries (Brian Orinda, Brenda Cherotich, a Lydia and Kilifi DG Gideon Saburi), and three deaths (Engineer Maurice Barasa, who died on March 26, and the now two new demises reported on April 2).