Worry as missing schoolboy found murdered in Isinya

By , K24 Digital
On Thu, 31 Mar, 2022 19:29 | 2 mins read
Photo used for illustration only. PHOTO/Courtesy

Detectives drawn from Isinya Sub-county are investigating an incident where an 11-year-old boy who went missing was found brutally murdered.

Emmanuel Kibet, a Class Five pupil, was reported missing on March 27, 2022, only for his body to be discovered a few meters from their house in Jamii Bora estate within Kisaju area, Isinya, three days later.

The body of the boy was discovered on Wednesday by wellwishers who were on a search mission after spotting traces of blood leading to one of the vacant houses within the estate.

To the chagrin of shocked neighbours, they found stains of blood on the wall before discovering the body lying on the floor in one of the rooms of the two-bedroomed house.

Crude weapons including a chisel and hammer were discovered at the murder scene.

According to the Isinya Sub-county police commander Ancent Kaloki, preliminary investigations point out to a possible family feud that could have led to the boy's brutal murder.

"It is unfortunate that the boy who was reported missing was found murdered. He was badly hit on the head using a crude weapon and the scene points out to a possible struggle," Kaloki said.

Kaloki said investigations have began in earnest to identify the motive of the killing.

"We suspect the boy could have been lured by a person well known to him. We are zeroing in to a possible family member involvement in the matter.

"The henious act was committed within the same estate he lived with his mother," he said.

Kaloki says detectives are working around the clock and acting on crucial leads to ensure perpetrators are brought to book and justice prevails.

According to a neighbour known to the family, the boy was living with his father after the couple separated but reunited with the mother following the demise of his father a month ago.

The estate has several vacant houses.

The body was moved to Shallom Community hospital morgue awaiting post mortem as investigations into the incident kick off.