The World Cup is scheduled to take place in Qatar from November 21 to December 18 2022. Kenyans wishing to travel to the gulf nation will require to apply for an eVisa.
The eVisa is an electronic visa that can be acquired via an online application rather than going in person to the embassy.
115 countries have very stringent visa requirements for Kenyans, demanding that persons wishing to visit must schedule appointments and interviews at their embassies to obtain visas.
However, Qatar and 14 other countries allow Kenyans to apply for visas online without the need of visiting their embassies and High Commissions.
eVisa application form can be completed from the foreign national’s home or office via the internet, eliminating the need to queue for a visa on arrival or visit an embassy to apply for a visa.
With World Cup around the corner, Kenyans can apply for Qatar eVisa online and enter the Gulf state for a maximum of 30 days.
World Cup aside, countries that offer Kenyans eVisa
Among the countries Kenyans can acquire visas via an online application include;
1. Bahrain (Allowed stay 14 days)
2. Cambodia (Allowed stay 30 days)
3. Djibouti (Allowed stay 31 days)
4. Gabon (Allowed stay up to 6 months)
5. Georgia (Allowed stay up to 3 months)
6. Guinea-Bissau (Allowed stay 90 days)
7. India (Allowed stay 60 days)
8. Kyrgyzstan (Allowed stay up to 90 days)
9. Laos (Allowed stay 30 days)
10. Madagascar (Allowed stay 90 days)
11. Myanmar (Allowed stay 28 days)
12. Pakistan (Allowed stay 30 days)
13. Qatar (Allowed stay 30 days)
14. Sao Tome and PrÃincipe (Allowed stay 30 days)
15. Suriname (Allowed stay 90 days)
Additional reporting by Visa Guide.