Woman whose private parts were burnt using hot tea for reading husband’s phone messages speaks out

By , K24 Digital
On Mon, 30 Aug, 2021 10:03 | 2 mins read
Police probe murder of truck d river killed along Thika road.
Police probe murder of truck d river killed along Thika road. PHOTO/Internet

A woman who was burnt in her private parts using hot water on Saturday, August 28, by her husband has spoken out about her troubled relationship.

Sharon Chepkorir, 25, was burnt by her husband identified as Alfred Kigen who immediately went into hiding. It all started when the man walked into the house and found her scrolling through his phone.

“He found me copying the phone number of a lady who had sent him a message and that is when he started assaulting me before pouring the hot tea on me,” said Chepkorir.

Asked what the message was, Chepkorir said that the lady had sent “mambo” and it was not the first time they had differed with him over the sender of the message.

According to her, the couple has been having an off-and-on relationship with Chepkorir accusing her husband of infidelity.

She says she now has difficulty in sitting down and that she spends most of her time lying on the bed at her parents' home.

Chepkorir said that the incident was not the first one where the man turned violent and assaulted her as they have been engaged in several disagreements and efforts to save the marriage were proving futile.

“We have always had troubles ever since we started living together to an extentt of other parties trying to help us solve the matter amicably in vain,” she said.

She said that the police should intervene in the matter and ensure that action is taken against the suspect.

Chepkorir said that by Monday, August 30, the suspect was still at large as she accused the police of doing so little to apprehend him.

Vowing never to go back to her husband again, Chepkorir said that all she was interested in was getting justice.

“All I want is justice and he should pay for subjecting me to such pain yet I was not on the wrong,” she said.

In a video seen by K24 Digital, part of Sharon’s left leg had sustained serious burnt wounds from the incident and she is seen having difficulties in walking.

The incident caught the attention of Chemelet location chief Evans Maritim who in turn informed the police.