W***n cries for justice after her house was burnt down to ashes by her neighbours, claims she lost property worth Ksh5M

By , K24 Digital
On Sat, 1 Jan, 2022 19:31 | 2 mins read

Jane Samoei, a single mother of two, from Kesses Constituency in Uasin Gishu county is crying for justice after her house was burnt down and property worth over Ksh5 million stolen.

Speaking to K24 Digital, Samoei says it has been one month since the incident took place and no arrests have been made by the police.

"It's sad that it's now one month since my house was torched and property worth millions stolen and no one has been arrested on the same. Before it was torched, someone had threatened to torch my house on December 1 and I reported the matter at Chagaiya Police Station just a few meters from my home but nothing was done to prevent the same," Samoei said.

She says if the police could have acted swiftly, she couldn't have lost all of her property.

"That same night my house was torched they kept quiet. I lost a lot of property which includes a posho mill, cyber cafe, a general shop and a Mpesa shop all worth over Ksh5 million but up to now, no one has been arrested and police are yet to commence with the investigations. I'm now suffering just because the police were not willing to help me," she added.

She said despite the fact that those who stole her property are her close door neighbours, police have not arrested any of them.

"The people who took my belongings are well known to me and when I tell the police to arrest them, they claim not to have any evidence to link them to the heinous crime but yet they are putting on my dresses and those of my children," Jane said adding that a national identity card belonging to one of the suspects was found at the crime scene.

Samoei has called upon the Inspector General of Police Hillary Mutyambai to intervene in order for her to get the long-awaited justice.

"I'm now living in fear not knowing what will happen to me next since my life is in danger because the people who stole my property are known. I call upon the Inspector General of Police to immediately intervene on this matter.

Kesses Sub-county Police Commandant Aron Moriasi has confirmed that indeed the case was reported at Chagaiya Police Station and he has ordered fresh statements be made and investigations to commence forthwith for those involved to be arrested and arraigned in court.

"I have requested the complainant to come to my office in person to record a fresh statement for investigations to start. Those culpable will be dealt with in accordance with the law," Moriasi said.