Two guards ki*led as robbers raid construction site in Ngong

By , K24 Digital
On Tue, 31 Jan, 2023 17:26 | 2 mins read
Marsabit
Rest in Peace signage. PHOTO/Internet

Two male night guards were on Tuesday morning found dead in a suspected murder incident.

The duo is feared to have been killed by unknown assailants who later stole building materials from a construction site they were guarding at Kimuka in Ngong Kajiado West Subcounty.

The two aged 36 and 26 years old respectively are said to have been hit on the head with a blunt object.

According to shocked residents, they woke up only to find the two lifeless bodies lying next to each other in a pool of blood at the site.

Confirming the incident, Kajiado West Subcounty Police commander Vincent Kitili said preliminary investigations point out to a bloody robbery with violence incident.

"It is unfortunate that two lives have been lost. The two were guards at a construction site. Seems they were caught unaware inside a house within the construction site. They have serious injuries on the head. We have also established that the assailants stole at least 16 steel metals and a few other construction materials. So far we have not been able to tentatively know the number of the attackers and we are pursuing the incident to ensure we unravel what transpired, "Kitili confirmed.

He said investigations into the incident have been launched further urging residents to give all crucial information that will help to enhance security in the area.

"This is a first growing area and all residents need to be vigilant and closely work with security apparatus. I want to assure locals that all information given to security officers will be treated in confidence. Security is the responsibility of all of us," he added.

Area MCA Joseph Torris said recently there have been increased insecurity cases in the area calling on employers to train guards before deploying them to man property.

"We have had six other cases of insecurity recently. Unfortunately, this seventh one has turned bloody and led to a loss of lives. It is important that those employing inexperienced guards first train them on security measures and also invest in CCTV," Toris said.

According to Josphat Nchipai one of the deceased relatives, the 26-year-old had only secured employment yesterday while his counterpart has only worked there for three weeks.

"We suspect the incident happened in the wee hours of Tuesday morning. We are sad. The incident is disheartening and we call on urgent interventions by security apparatus to enhance security in this area," Nchipai appealed.

The first growing population in the area entirely depends on police officers from Ngong town.

The bodies which were positively identified by family members were moved to Ngong Sub-county hospital for postmortem.

Related Topics