Rally driver Asad Khan is dead

By , K24 Digital
On Sun, 18 Dec, 2022 19:57 | 2 mins read
Rally driver Asad Khan is dead
Rally driver Asad Khan. PHOTO/Courtesy

Rally driver Asad Khan alias Kalulu is dead, his brother Adil has confirmed.

Khan was reported dead on Sunday, December 18 after succumbing at Avenue Hospital where he had been admitted.

“Yes, my brother Asad has finally left us. We had been at his bedside ever since he was admitted to the hospital with stab wounds. It is really sad,” Adil told Nation Sport on Sunday.

Asad was allegedly attacked by his lover rally star Maxine Wahome on Jamhuri Day and left with serious deep cuts on his right ankle.

Maxine Wahome freed

Maxine was on Wednesday, December 14, freed on Ksh100,000 cash bail pending investigations into the incident.

Milimani Senior Principal Magistrate Bernard Ochoi released Maxine Wahome on bail after rejecting the Prosecution's request to continue detaining her pending completion of Investigations.

The driver was however ordered to report to the Kilimani police station every Monday until the probe into the matter is determined.

The police had sought 14 days to continue detaining the Wahome until the condition of the boyfriend Asad Khan aka Kalulu also a rally driver improved.

The lady is being investigated over an offence of grevious harm and if charged and convicted may be sentenced to life imprisonment.

Gachoka sought the detention of the suspect on grounds that she is influential and most of the witnesses in the matter come from the apartment where she resides.

"We want to monitor the condition of the complainant, subject the covered mobile phone and sim cards recovered from Wahome to cyber analysis and obtain necessary reports which we believe contains crucial information, " says Gachoka.

The state further wanted the woman detained to enable them to escort her to the government chemist for DNA sampling before they can file criminal charges against her.

Police alleged that the combat between the two which occurred at their apartment left house goods strewn on the floor in the dining room with a pool of blood stains on the floor and staircase.

The magistrate heard that the fight left windows and doors panes glasses broken.

Gachoka informed the court that police are pursuing other accomplices of Wahome in the incident as they are at large

Related Topics