Prime suspect who shot two police officers, woman at Quivers Lounge along Thika Road surrenders to police

By , K24 Digital
On Mon, 5 Jul, 2021 18:57 | 2 mins read
Prime suspect who shot two police officers, woman in Quivers Lounge along Thika Road surrenders to police. PHOTO: Courtesy

The main suspect in Quivers Lounge shooting has surrendered.

K24 Digital has established that the suspect turned himself to DCI officers on Monday afternoon.

He was accompanied by Criminal lawyer Cliff Ombeta.

Kasarani Sub-County police boss Peter Mwanzo had on Monday morning said that police were in pursuit of one Dickson Mararo who is suspected to have shot three individuals at the joint.

The two officers were identified as; Festus Musyoka attached to the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) in Pangani, Lawrence Muturi attached to Kasarani Police station and the lady is Felistas Nzisa.

So controversial was the shoot-out that police officers at Kasarani Police Station were confused and issued controversial reports over the same incident.

A detective privy to the ongoing investigations said that hawk-eyed onlookers who saw the suspect flee the scene after the shoot-out captured the registration number of a four-wheeled car he left the scene with.

“He is needed for questioning on what had taken place at the joint. If he was not the one who was driving the car, he should give us the person who was with the vehicle on that day,” the detective who spoke in confidence as he is not authorised to address the media said.

The incident was captured on CCTV footage which has been making rounds on various social media sites.

In the footage, the armed man who is dressed in a white shirt which has blue patterns and black trousers is seen reaching for his firearm and shooting towards the three.

He is then seeing fleeing the scene before he entered a car that was parked at the bay and fled the scene.

Musyoka was shot on the left side of his neck, while Muturi was shot on his right arm and Nzisa was shot on the lower abdomen.

Both Musyoka and Nzisa were rushed to Neema Uhai Hospital for treatment before they were referred to Nairobi Hospital while Muturi checked himself at Radiant Hospital and was later discharged.

Kasarani Police boss Peter Mwanzo said that plans were underway to record statements from the trio once they fully recover.

“Two of the victims are in serious condition while the other is yet to recover. All we are now focused on is how we shall nab the owner of the car,” he said.

Police had in a first statement said that the officers shot at each other over the lady but after investigations, it emerged that the three had been attacked.