Popular newspaper c*rtoonist found dead inside his house in Nairobi

By , K24 Digital
On Fri, 26 Nov, 2021 16:25 | 2 mins read
Kilgoris: School function turns chaotic as students attack teacher, destroy property
A police vehicle. PHOTO/File.

A journalist attached to Standard Media Group was on Thursday, November, 26, found dead inside his house.

Joshua Nanjero Bisengo has been silent and missing for a week and later found dead in his house in a Nairobi estate.

A look at his Facebook account clearly showed how the journalist after going missing attracted the attention of his colleagues, who got worried over the whereabouts of Bisengo.

“Kijana uko wapi? Your phone is out of reach” his colleague Sunny Mukunda posted on his timeline.

The post attracted a number of reactions from his friends, but a resilient Mukunda went ahead and informed them that indeed the cartoonist who worked for the Nairobian was dead.

Bisengo’s colleague and Editor Ted Malada was shocked with the news, adding that the information was disturbing.

The deceased niece identified as Lovey Shirley also confirmed the demise of the celebrated cartoonist by posting on her Facebook page.

“Rest in Peace, uncle. I cannot believe that you are no more,” she posted on his timeline.

A number of his friends also posted on the deceased timeline as they sent their condolences to his family.

Kariuki Ndung’u posted “Rest in Peace comrade, will forever miss this great piece at the Nairobian.”

Oscar Sergio Lopez said “RIP Guru.”

His death comes barely a week after the media personality celebrated his birthday.

Bisengo ran a famous cartoon column in the Nairobian Newspaper, which is owned by Standard Media Group.

Dubbed, The Peculiar with Josh Nanjero, the journalist usually shared stories by drawing cartoons as he narrated the stories.

The demise of the journalist comes just a day after the lifeless body of Gatonye Gakura who was also a journalist attached to Standard Group was found inside a morgue in Naivasha, Nakuru County.

His body was identified after investigations were carried by detectives and his remains, preserved inside a morgue in Naivasha, Nakuru County for months.