Police identify, arrest woman who was last at house of CA employee missing since June

By Zadock Angira On Thu, 12 Nov, 2020 10:53 | 2 mins read
Francis Mwole Undusu (right) has been missing since June this year. PHOTO | COURTESY

Detectives have identified and arrested a woman who was last at the residence of a Communications Authority of Kenya employee who has been missing since June 26.

Dagoretti Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) detectives on Tuesday, November 10, arrested Ann Muthoni Ngunjiri who, according to records from the mobile service provider, was the last person to call Francis Mwole Undusu.

Undusu, a CA employee who was attached to the transport department has never been seen nor heard from since then, almost five months since he was reported missing.

According to the detectives, Muthoni changed her mobile phone handset and number, shortly after she called the missing man.

She was found to have been using several SIM cards on different phones in what the detectives say was meant to conceal her tracks.

After detectives established her identity, they focused on her relatives and later obtained a strange number that she was using to communicate to some of her family members.

In her statement, the suspect claimed that she had no mobile phone and had been inserting her SIM card on borrowed phones. She also claimed to be a barmaid but declined to state where she used to work.

Detective Christopher Okello on Wednesday, November 11, obtained orders from Kibera Senior Resident Magistrate Sharon Maroro to detain the suspects for eight days to enable them finalise investigations.

During this period, detectives intend to obtain her M-Pesa statements.

Indusu, 47, was last seen at Kangemi on June 26, while wearing beige khaki trousers, a black-striped T-shirt, brown jacket, and blue scarf.

According to colleagues, he had just received his June salary the day he went missing.

Detectives had not preferred any charges against Muthoni, saying the decision will be arrived at after grilling her and getting further reports from experts and mobile telephone service providers.

“He has not been traced for almost five months. His body, in case he died or was killed, has also not been recovered. But we will prefer the right charges soon after we complete the investigations,” a senior detective said.

Are you a Kenyan in the diaspora with a story to tell? Do you know someone of Kenyan origin doing something remarkable in the diaspora? Do you have an opinion that you would like to share? Email us at [email protected]