Passenger dies aboard Tahmeed bus travelling from Mombasa to Nairobi

By , K24 Digital
On Fri, 2 Sep, 2022 18:41 | 2 mins read
Mwingi: Two commit suicide under unknown circumstances
Rest in Peace signage. PHOTO/Internet

Police have launched investigations into the death of a passenger who died aboard a Tahmeed bus traveling from Mombasa to Nairobi.

In the incident, the deceased's mother told the police that she learned of her daughter's death after she failed to disembark from the bus when they arrived in Nairobi.

"Miriam Akinyi reported that her daughter, whom they had boarded with Tahmeed bus registration number KCV 458X was found dead," a police report seen by K24 Digital reads in parts.

Speaking to K24 Digital, Tahmeed's customer care confirmed the incident stating that the matter was being handled at the manager's office.

"Yes, it is true, the incident happened and the management is handling it," they stated.

The deceased's body was moved to a nearby mortuary awaiting an autopsy.

Tahmeed on the spot after passenger gets drugged and robbed

In July, Tahmeed was on the spot after a passenger was drugged and robbed of Ksh85,000 while on board from Mombasa to Nairobi.

In the incident, the victim, identified as Titus Omondi, was robbed of Ksh85,000 in cash and an unstated amount from his M-PESA account.

Omondi, who says he found himself in a hospital bed, stated that moments before the incident, his perpetrator switched seats to sit next to him.

"When we got to Mutito Andei, I took food and bought two bottles of water. A passenger who had sat at seat number 37 came and sat next to me on seat 32. He borrowed water, and later as an appreciation. He gave me a biscuit. After taking the biscuit, I could not remember anything," he stated.

Upon reporting the matter to the coach's office, the officials quickly dismissed his report stating that they could not do anything at the moment.

"I asked them to call the person because they have his number, but they said they cannot do anything now. I plead with officers to come to my rescue and ensure justice is served," Omondi added.

Explaining the situation in which they found him, his cousin Steve Williams blamed the bus company for what transpired.

"We have trusted this company, but what happened on Sunday is so disheartening. He was beaten, dragged, and left to loiter in town the whole day without being taken to hospital," Steve explained.

Related Topics