A police officer in Kisauni, Mombasa county, died on Monday, June 27, 2022, after being electrocuted by an iron cloth line.
In the incident, the officer identified as MaKomora Mohamed was enjoying dinner with his family while their househelp was laying a wet mopper on the line before getting electrocuted.
The family suddenly heard the househelp screaming for help and rushed to check on the cause of the alarm.
The deceased immediately tried to rescue the househelp after finding her electrocuted by the line.
In an attempt to rescue her, the deceased unknowingly touched the iron clothing line moments after he had successfully saved her.
Mohammed, posted at 20 Para Battalion in Gilgil, was rushed to a nearby Montana hospital, where he was pronounced dead upon arrival.
Mombasa police disclose that an electric pole fell into adjacent house
Preliminary investigations established that an electric pole had fallen into an adjacent house, causing an electric shock that had extended to the clothing line.
“National Police Service (NPS) officers and military police from the Mtwapa base visited the scene and established that at around 1900 hours, an electric pole had fallen onto an adjacent house, causing an electric shock that had extended to the clothing line,” the police report read in part.
The body was moved to Jocham Hospital Morgue, waiting for Postmortem.