Embattled lawyer Miguna Miguna has vowed to proceed with his planned journey back to Kenya despite court orders that declined to lift red alerts issued against him.
The court dismissed the application by Miguna, noting that it cannot rely on speculation to grant the orders sought by the complainant.
However, the outspoken lawyer this afternoon declared he will carry on with his planned flight back to Kenya in accordance with the court rulings by Justice Chacha Mwita back in 2018.
"I will proceed with my journey as previously communicated and in accordance with Justice Chacha Mwita's Order of December 14, 2018, and Justice Weldon Korir's Order of January 6, 2020. If I am blocked again, the matter will return to court. If not, see you soon," Miguna said.
The return of Miguna suffered a major setback after the High Court declined to lift red alerts issued by the Kenyan government on two airlines.
Miguna, through his lawyers, had moved to court to have the red alerts lifted to enable him to travel back to the country.
High Court judge Hedwing Ong’undi stated that Miguna’s team did not prove that their client has been blocked from returning to Kenya.
Miguna had stated, under a certificate of urgency, that due to the said alerts, Lufhansa and Air France airlines have barred him from boarding their aircraft to Kenya.
Prior to the court ruling, Former Machakos Senator Johnson Muthama had reached out to President Uhuru Kenyatta to allow Miguna's return
Former Chief Justice Willy Mutunga had also revealed that he will be flying to Canada to join the lawyer ahead of his return to the country.
Both Muthama and Mutunga argued, the embattled lawyer had a right to get back to the country.
Miguna has already booked an air ticket to travel from Canada via Germany and France to land in Kenya on November 16, 2021.