Interior Cabinet Secretary (cs) Fred Matiangi has made changes in the ministry, chief among them appointing Moffat Kangi and Wilson Njega as Principal Administrative Secretary and Secretary Internal Security respectively.
Mr. Njega now moves to the Office of the President Headquarters at Harambee House from his position as Nairobi Regional Commissioner.
The Interior CS Matiangi also transferred two other Regional Commissioners to the Office of the President, namely Ms. Anne Ngetich (Western) and Mr. James Kianda (Nyanza).
Further, Dr. Matiangi appointed Magu Mutindika and Esther Maina as Regional Commissioners in Nyanza and Western respectively.
The changes also affected 15 county commissioners who were transferred to the following duty stations.
- Onesmus Kyatha from Mandera County to Mombasa County
- Joshua Nkanatha from Kajiado County to Marsabit County
- Evans Achoki from Marsabit County to Kajiado County
- Michael N. Tialal from Siaya County to Garrisa County
- Gilbert B. Kitiyo from Mombasa County to Mandera County
- Stephen Kihara from Kisii County to Uasin Gishu County
- Mwangi Meru from Garrisa County to Narok County
- George Omoding from Bomet County to Kakamega County
- Samuel Kimiti from Narok County to Bungoma County
- Olaka Kutswa from Nandi County to Kilifi County
- Boaz Cherutich from Nyandarua County to Migori County
- Abdirizak Jaldesa from Uasin Gishu County to Kisii County
- Mr. David Kipkemei from Homabay County to OOP HQ
- Mr. Joseph Rotich from Migori County to PA/RC Nyanza
- Abdi Hassan from Bungoma County to OOP HQ
Further, the CS also appointed new six county commissioners, namely: Mr. Fredrick Ndunga (Machakos), Mr. Paul Rotich (Siaya), Mr. Mathias Mbogai Rioba (Tana River), Mr. Moses K. Lilan (Homa Bay), Mr. Benson David Leparmorijo (Nyandarua) and Ms. Josephine Ouko (Bomet).
The changes cascaded down to the rank of deputy county commissioners with 98 of them transferred and 84 new othes appointed.