Health CS Mutahi Kagwe earlier today issued a directive that suspends all flights from India to Kenya for 14 days due to the surge in coronavirus cases in India.
Those arriving in the country from India will now have undergo mandatory quarantine for two weeks on arrival at their own cost.
In communique, the Ministry of Health issued an approved list of the isolation facilities of Kenyans traveling from India.
The isolation facilities include:
1.Hilton Hotel Inn at JKIA
2. Royal Tulip Hotel at Chaka Road
3. Ngong Hills Hotel at Ngong Road
4. Swiss Lenana Mount Hotel at Ralph Bunche Road
5. Waridi Paradice Hotel and Suites in Hurlingham
6. Ufungamano Guest House in Nairobi
7. The Strand Leisure Hotel in Nairobi West
8.Covent Int Hotel, Reef Hotel Mombasa
9.Mombasa Beach Hotel.
This new directive, that does not affect cargo flights which are only required to adhere to the Coronavirus containment measures, will take effect in the next 72 hours.