Kicks and blows as city businessman who threw a woman out of car, supposedly assaulted and threatened to kill her charged.

By , K24 Digital
On Sat, 28 Aug, 2021 17:20 | 2 mins read
Kilgoris: School function turns chaotic as students attack teacher, destroy property
A police vehicle. PHOTO/File.

A city businessman accused of throwing a woman out of his car and occasioned her head injuries, by means of kicks and blows to beat her up until she passed out and threatened to kill her was yesterday charged at a Kibera court.

George Gikaru was charged with threatening to kill his alleged lover and assaulting her contrary to the penal code.

Gikaru is accused of assaulting Alice Agak and threatening to kill her on August 22 at a city apartment in Dagoretti Sub-county within Nairobi County.

He uttered the word," I Will kill you to her," the charge sheet reads.

According to the police report, the two had gone to fuel the car before heading for a church service when Alice requested to be accompanied by a visitor whom they had left behind at their house to church.

Gikaru is said to have requested the accused person to drive her back home so that she picks the said visitor.

The police further said the accused person drove peacefully and when they reached at the gate, the accused is said to have thrown her out of the car, and she hit her head on the ground and was seriously  injured.

The police says that the accused person followed her and engaged kicks and blows to bit her up, leading to area security guards manning the premises to run to her rescue.

This forced to the complainant calling her friend who was in the house to come and rescue her from the said accused person.

The police alleges that the accused threatened to kill them if he found them in his house.

Due to the thorough beating, the woman became unconscious and was rushed to Melchizedek hospital, where she was treated.

However, yesterday, Gikari denied the charges before Senior Principal Magistrate Charles Mwaniki and through his Lawyer pleaded for a lenient bond terms.

The magistrate released him on Ksh100, 000 bonds or a cash bail of Ksh50, 000 with the surety of the same amount.

He directed the matter to be mentioned early next month for further directions