Kiambu man reunites with girlfriend after nasty disagreement then kills her inside his house

By , K24 Digital
On Thu, 6 Jan, 2022 10:00 | 2 mins read
Brian Waweru arrested for killing his girlfriend. PHOTO/COURTESY

A prime suspect in the gruesome murder of his girlfriend has been arrested from his hideout by detectives from the Directorates of Criminal Investigations (DCI).

Brian Waweru, 25, allegedly killed 24-year Evelyn Wanjiru after a disagreement before leaving her body to discompose in his house in Ndenderu, Kiambu County.

"Brian and Wanjiru jointly owned a barbershop and a beauty parlour in Thindigua and have been in a romantic relationship for a long time before the disagreement," the DCI said in a statement.

"The two had not been in talking terms since October last year after the suspect allegedly assaulted the deceased leading to his arrest."

At the time of the murder, Waweru was still facing assault charges against his girlfriend at the Kiambu Law Courts but was out on cash bail.

Wanjiru's father revealed that the suspect and his family had approached him on several occasions to have a case solved out of the court but he declined.

"The father refused to accept their out of court settlement deal after he learnt that the suspect was a serial offender who also had a pending defilement case," the detectives said.

Despite the conflict between the two families, Brian and Wanjiru reportedly reunited and decided to restart their romantic relationship during the December holidays.

During the period of their reunion, the two were said to be on good terms until the unfortunate incident.

According to witnesses, the two were last seen together at the suspect's one-bedroom house where Wanjiku's lifeless body was discovered on January 1 2022.

Wanjiku's body was discovered by the suspect's aunt who had gone to the house to check on him.

"The suspect's aunt had gone to check on him at around 7:50 pm but found his door locked. She, therefore, opted to open the door using a spare key she had only to find Wanjiku's decomposing remains covered with a duvet," the DCI said.

It is after she found the body that she called the police over the matter who later launched a manhunt for the suspect.

The suspect was arrested on Wednesday, January 5, in the Ndenderu area before being subjected to interrogations where he confessed to committing the crime.

"The suspect confessed to killing his girlfriend and later led detectives to the spot where he hid the murder weapons," the DCI said.

The suspect is currently being held at a police station where he is waiting to be arraigned in court on Thursday, January 6.