Kenyan priest d***ns in Brazil

By , K24 Digital
On Tue, 15 Nov, 2022 12:12 | 2 mins read
Man allegedly stabs girlfriend after heated argument in Molo
Rest in Peace signage. PHOTO/Internet

A Kenyan priest based in Nyeri lost his life in Brazil after he drowned in a river on Monday, November 14, 2022.

Confirming the incident, the Diocese of Bonfim Bahia Brazil reported that the priest, Fr. James Wahome Irungu drowned in the San Fransisco river.

"It's with deep regret that we announce the passing of Fr. James Wahome Irungu which occurred this Monday, November 14. He is a victim of drowning in the San Fransisco River," the Diocese said in a statement.

Shortly after news of his passing emerged, friends poured out their condolence messages to the departed priest. Among them was Douglas Wekesa, a Kenyan seminarian based in Colombia.

"We are shocked by his demise but we continue asking God to strengthen his family and may his soul rest in peace," he said.

Irungu will be laid to rest in Jaguarari, Brazil today, November 15, 2022, in a burial ceremony presided by Father José Vieira, Vigário Geral.

Born in Nyeri County the deceased was ordained four years ago. He relocated to Brazil in 2021 after the Consolata missionaries sent him to the Diocese of Bonfim in 2021 where he began his stint in the Parish of São João Batista in Jaguarari.

Kenyan drowns in Canada

The latest comes months after a middle-aged Kenyan woman living in Toronto, Canada drowned while recording a live video.

In the video footage, the woman identified as Hellen Wendy is seen exchanging pleasantries with friends through her Facebook page moments after she hopped into the pool.

"Hi there, how are you? It's two o'clock here, I have just arrived home from work… I am doing okay, just having some fun," Wendy remarked.

Dressed in a fancy swimming costume, Wendy who was vibrantly engaging her friends in a chit-chat was seen diving and returning back to the edge of the pool to respond to messages from her friends.

However, moments after responding and diving back to the deep end of the pool, Wendy who was alone at the time of the incident, was heard screaming for help as she struggled to balance in the deep waters, she kicked and flapped her hands as she tried to get to the surface until she couldn't anymore.

The camera recording the incident remained still as it continuously recorded hours after her death.

The video kept recording for 3 hours before an unidentified individual came around and noticed her in the pool.

Another individual came to the pool and inquired about what had happened.

"I thought it was a poodle or something," the first individual stated.

While going round to check if Wendy was breathing, the second individual said: "What if it's actually someone who has passed away?"

Upon confirmation, the duo rushed to call for assistance from the facility's caretaker.

Related Topics