By Mary Goretty Juma
A Class Eight pupil from Rarieda in Bondo Sub-County, Siaya County, sat his Mathematics paper at the Bondo Sub-County Referral Hospital, where he was taken after consuming poison on Monday evening (October 28).
The boy ingested insecticide and was rushed to Ndori Health Centre by his parents, before being transferred to Bondo Sub-County hospital.
The pupil, 15, who was enrolled for the 2019 Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE) at Kitambo Primary School is in a stable condition, Bondo Hospital’s deputy medical superintendent, Dr. Paul Oloo, told K24 Digital.
“The teenager will sit the remaining tests in hospital as that will help him avoid the anxiety and fear that is brought by the classroom environment,” said Dr. Oloo.
It remains unclear why the minor attempted suicide.