Detectives launch hunt for suspect who sodomised drunken man in Bomet

By , K24 Digital
On Wed, 23 Nov, 2022 16:06 | 3 mins read
Detectives launch hunt for suspect who sodomised drunken man in Bomet
Crime scene. PHOTO/Courtesy

Police in Bomet have launched a manhunt for a suspect who sodomised a drunken man after locking him up in his house for over 10 hours.

According to a statement from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI), the suspect only identified as Silas Lay attacked the 33-year-old victim at a pub in Mosonik village, Chepalungu, where he was enjoying drinks with his friends.

The victim is said to have excused himself to go for a short call when the suspect struck and led him to his house situated approximately 200 metres away from Jumbo club.

"Unbeknownst to him, the man only identified as Silas lay in wait under the cover of darkness for his victim. As the man staggered back to the local, he was accosted by the suspect who instead led him to his house approximately 200 metres away," the statement read in part.

"Efforts by the victim to raise alarm as he was led by Silas to his chambers were unsuccessful, as his incoherent screams were drowned by the loud stereo in the pub."

At his home, the suspect locked up the helpless man and repeatedly sexually assaulted him until Tuesday afternoon when he was rescued by a passerby, who heard a commotion coming from the house.

He was rushed to Longisa County & Referral Hospital for tests and treatment.

Meanwhile, police are still pursuing the suspect who fled his home after the despicable act.

"Should anyone have information that may lead to the arrest of the suspect only identified as Silas, #FuchuakwaDCI 0800 722 203," DCI added.

At the same time, police have intensified their investigations into the incident at Saint Kevin Hills school Nyali where a six-year-old pupil was sodomised in the school toilet.

The head of the Coast Anti-Human Trafficking and Child Protection Unit Head Andrew Warui revealed that investigations were ongoing to establish the gaps that led to the abuse and how it progressed without raising the attention of the school's top management.

"This will be established soon, remember we are dealing with a child. However, we want to piece together details on how the abuse started and progressed so that we can get the offender or offenders without victimizing anyone. We are getting there," Warui said.

"A child case is a sensitive case therefore we are working with child therapists as well as the directorate of children services. So allow us the time we progress the case holistically," he added.

Suspect to be charged

Last week detectives drawn from the children's protection unit visited the toilet where the alleged incident is said to have occurred to piece together more evidence in relation to the case.

The two minors (the victim and the suspect), the school's top management and the parents of both minors have since recorded their statements in relation to the incident.

However, it still remains unclear how detectives plan on handling the case. A senior officer privy to the ongoing investigations intimated to K24 Digital that the 12-year-old minor, who is said to have sodomized the six-year-old pupil, will be presented before the Tononoka children's court to answer to charges of defilement.

"He is being treated as a minor, however, he has to plead to charges following his own confession of having committed the act. His parents are very cooperative with detectives and they have requested to source for a lawyer before he is presented to the court," the senior officer said.

Sodomised repeatedly

According to the victim's mother, her son is alleged to have been sodomized since January this year inside the school toilets and the family discovered the unfortunate ordeal after the minor began passing stool on himself.

Tests conducted at the Coast General Hospital gender recovery centre indicated that the minor had been sodomized on several occasions.

Related Topics