Deputy Commander’s son shoots himself dead

By , K24 Digital
On Mon, 3 Oct, 2022 09:13 | 2 mins read
Police gun down 3 suspected thugs in Kisii
Crime scene. Photo used for representational purposes. PHOTO/Courtesy.

Police in Ruai are investigating an incident where a 13-year-old son of North Eastern Deputy Regional Commander Patrick King'ori died in a shooting incident under unclear circumstances.

The teenager is said to have shot himself on Sunday, October 2, 2022, using his father's gun.

King'ori who lives in the Cherani area of Kangundo road was reortedly preparing to report back to duty and left his Jericho pistol on the couch in the living room and went to the restroom within the house.

Upon his return, he found his gun missing and asked his wife about it.

The couple then decided to ask their last born son Samson Kariuki King'ori ,13, who was in his bedroom and had closed the door from inside.

"While preparing to go to work after his off duty, King'or left his Jericho Pistol, Serial Number 44330995 on the couch and went to the washroom within the house. When he came back, the pistol was not there. He asked his wife but she reported that she had not taken it," a police report seen by K24 Digital stated.

While at the son's bedroom door, King'ori and his wife heard a gunshot sound from the room before they gained access to the room by breaking the door and found the minor lying on his bed lifeless.

He is said to have shot himself on the left side with the bullet exiting from the right side of the face slightly below the right eye.

King'ori picked the gun from the scene with two magazines loaded with 29 rounds of 9mm ammunition with one spent cartridge and handed it over to the police.

"The Jericho pistol with two magazines with 29 rounds of 9mm live ammunition and one spent cartridge were handed over by the reportee who picked them from the scene fearing his other son could use it as he was in shock," the report added.

The body of the deceased was moved to Kenyatta University Hospital Mortuary as more investigation continues.

The scene was visited by officers from the DCI Ruai and Njiru sub-County Commander.