Wi*liam Chepkut’s family reveals cause of his d***h

By , K24 Digital
On Sat, 8 Oct, 2022 16:39 | 2 mins read
Former Ainabkoi Member of Parliament (MP) William Chepkut at a past event. PHOTO/Courtesy

The family of former Ainabkoi Member of Parliament (MP) William Chepkut has revealed the cause of the politician's death.

In a post shared across his social media platforms, the family disclosed that the former legislator succumbed after a long battle with kidney disease.

"Hon William Chepkut battled Kidney disease for a very long time. A true fighter, Chepkut persevered through it all, and you loved him all through," his family wrote.

"The family thanks you for the love and prayers and asks that you continue to respect their privacy during this difficult time," the statement added.

Chepkut's death

The late Chepkut died as he was being ferried to Mediheal hospital in Parklands, Nairobi.

He had been admitted to the same facility in September 2021 after he was involved in two accidents.

At the time, he told the press that he endured two accidents that left him grounded.

"In July, I missed a step at the hotel and rolled down several metres to the ground; I fainted and was rushed to Nairobi Hospital where I received treatment and was discharged," he told the Standard.

The politician later flew to Dubai for further examination after which doctors recommended surgery to treat his knee.

Former Ainabkoi Member of Parliament (MP) William Chepkut when he was admitted in hospital last year. PHOTO/Courtesy.

He returned to Kenya and continued dispensing his duties, ignoring doctors' recommendations for surgery.

However, his situation got worse after he was involved in two accidents.

"I took it lightly, returned home, and then proceeded to Uganda for other duties. But in a shocking twist of fate, around the same time, I suffered two other accidents that totally grounded me," he said.

Chepkut was admitted to Mediheal Hospital's Intensive Care Unit (ICU) after the accident. His situation was critical, he endured a 36-hour surgery on his legs and injured arm.

The deceased was hospitalized for at least a month. The public only learned about his hospitalization in November after several politicians visited him at the hospital and posted photos on social media.

The deceased served as the MP for the Ainabkoi constituency between 2017 to 2022. He was elected as an independent candidate.

In 2022, his bid to defend the seat as an Independent candidate again flopped after he lost to Samwel Chepkonga of the United Democratic Alliance (UDA) party.

Related Topics